Wednesday, January 25, 2012

KIN 471 or 481 during Summer '12 or Fall '12

Do you need to complete KIN 471 Practicum or KIN 481 Internship during the Summer 2012 semester or Fall 2012 semester? 

First, schedule an individual consultation with Jana. Sign-up sheets are already on her office door, Godwin 323. Or attend an information meeting. Times are:

Tues Feb 21, 5-6pm, Godwin 336
Wed Feb 22, 3:30-4:30pm, Godwin 336
Tues Feb 28, 5:30-6:30pm, Godwin 337
Wed Mar 14, 6-6:45pm, Godwin 341
Thurs Mar 22, 6-7pm, Godwin 336
Mon Mar 26, 7-8pm, Godwin 336

Which one is right for you? If you feel like you need advice, ideas, or assistance for the decision making process, then sign up for an individual consultation. If just need the general details, and can move forward on your own, then attend an information session.

Next, prepare the following documents to bring to your consultation or information session. Only those individuals who have completed and submitted the required documentation and attended a meeting (individual or group) will be allowed to complete fieldwork in the Summer 2012/Fall 2012.

 Required material:
  1. Current resume
  2. Your five and ten year professional goals
  3. A list of 3-5 potential sites for your practicum or internship
  4. The semester you are planning on completing your fieldwork
  5. Application for Fieldwork*

After your site has been secured, you will submit the following form to Jana:

  1. Agency Acceptance Form*

*The Agency Acceptance Form and Fieldwork Application can be obtained by visiting this website:

Finally, the deadline to submit your Agency Acceptance Form to complete Summer and/or Fall fieldwork is Friday, April 27, 2012. This is the last day of classes. Start this process early. Many sites have earlier deadlines, or fill their opportunities 6-8 weeks before the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment