As the Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time (NYSE: LTM) delivers the certified professionals, comprehensive businesses and incredible destinations that help people positively change their lives every day. The Company's healthy way of life approach enables its customers to achieve their health and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest — or discovering new passions — both inside and outside of Life Time's distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations. Today, the Company operates 101 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC(SM) brands primarily in suburban locations, in 21 states and 27 major markets.
An internship with Life Time Fitness can offer you not only broad based exposure to our industry, but also experience that will be useful when pursuing your future career. With our Personal Training Internship, we will expose you to a number of different areas, such as metabolic testing, program design, nutritional consults, group training, personal selling techniques, and much more! The goal of our Personal Training Internship program is to offer you a challenging learning opportunity and to enhance your potential to become a member of our Life Time Fitness team upon graduation – thus our internship position is very closely based on our full-time Personal Trainer position.
- Build knowledge around client consultation process and program design implementation
- Observe and facilitate Fitness Assessments with Master Level Trainers
- Participate in Group Training, Group Fitness, TEAM Weight loss, and Team Boot Camp
- Observe Cardio Point / Calorie Point Assessments
- Participate in and host Nutrition and Heart Rate Monitor Information booths
- Review educational materials in preparation for the NASM CPT certification
- Interested in a Fitness related career path
- Effective communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Growth and sales oriented
- FT College student
- Junior or Senior status
Duration is 8 to 16 weeks, flexible start date. There is an opportunity to move to regular a full or part time position following completion of the internship.