Sarge Athletics, located in Ijamsville, MD, is currently offering internship opportunities (June 1st-August 30th) for:
Sports Performance Coach (three internships remaining), and
Sports Marketing (two internships remaining)
Sports Performance Coach position description below
Internship – sports performance coach – 2013
Sports Performance Coach Internships are offered at Sarge Athletics, summer, first and second semester.
An internship at Sarge Athletics will dramatically improve your skills as a coach. Summer, first semester and second semester internships allow hands-on coaching, with up to 150 athletes per day. Our internship is a real life, learn-by-doing experience.
SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH INTERNSHIP
Sarge Athletics follows the methodologies of Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning. Your college strength coach will agree ... Mike Boyle is the most respected strength coach in the world. All of our coaches have interned with Boyle, and Sarge Athletics is the only licensed facility in Maryland to offer his programs. You will learn his programs intimately, and be required to review his training videos on-line, before starting the internship. During your Sports Performance Coach internship, you will coach elementary school, middle school, high school, and collegiate athletes, while you observe and assist professional athletes in the following areas of performance enhancement:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dynamic Warm-up and Flexibility Drills; including the agility ladder
- Speed Development Lateral Movement Enhancement
- Plyometric Drills
- Conditioning; including slideboard work
- Olympic Lifting and Explosive Training Techniques
- Core Stabilization; including medicine ball work
- Overall strength training with increased proprioceptive demands
- Daily setup of Gym and Weight Room
- June 1 to August 30 (10 positions) includes a $500.00 stipend. Internship - summer only.
- September 1 to December 23 (4 positions) includes a $250.00 stipend.
10082 Tyler Court, Ijamsville, MD 21754
Attn: Patrick Avon