Carmichael Training Systems- Tucson, Arizona AreaView full job listing
Job DescriptionJob Title: CTS Expert Coach, Tucson, AZ
Classification: Full time or Contract based
Reports To: CTS Tucson POD leader
Location: Tucson, AZ
Carmichael Training Systems is hiring for an endurance coach to work full time at its Tucson, AZ location. The right candidate will possess strong organization and communication skills. He/she will be responsible for coaching a variety of endurance athletes from the weekend warrior to the elite utilizing phone, internet, downloadable training devices and e-mail communication. Our coaches are arranged in various coaching PODs where more senior coaches are teamed up with junior coaches to facilitate free knowledge flow and mentorship opportunities.
1. Monitoring and developing training programs according to the CTS training methodology.
2. Providing written and verbal feedback to athletes regarding all aspects of training.
5. Performing physiological testing on athletes, including lactate threshold testing and VO2 max testing.
6. Attending events/races as a representative of the company.
7. Giving informative lectures and presentations to the local community.
1. B.S. or M.S. degree in Exercise Science or equivalent field of study preferred.
2. Extensive first-hand experience as an athlete (preferably in endurance sports).
3. If already coaching, provide documented history of athletes’ long-term development and success (2 years minimum).
4. Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
5. Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, additional licenses or certifications: ACE, ACSM, NATA, NSCA, etc.
6. Ability to devote at least 40 hours per week to coaching and coaching development
7. Ability to maintain an athlete load of at least 35 athletes
8. Contract based: Ability to work out of the CTS-Tucson location at least 4 times per month.
This is a full-time or contract position. Compensation is variable based on athlete load.
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter and any relative athletic or coaching experience
Business Development Manager
Carmichael Training Systems - Tucson
7000 East Tanque Verde Road, Suite 26
Tucson, AZ 85715
Our interview process for new hires consists of three steps-
1. Resume and background based screen
2. Telephone or in-person interview
3. The CTS Coaching College
The CTS Coaching College will be held in Tucson, AZ on June 20,21 and 22nd. If you make it to this step, congratulations! The coaching college is a 3 day intensive seminar designed to test your coaching knowledge, skills and communication ability. Only the best out of the Coaching College will eventually be chosen to be CTS coaches.
Desired Skills & Experienceexercise physiology or similar degree
active cyclist in either road, mountain bike or triathlon formats
have completed road races, triathlons or mtb races
strong communication skills
able to work independently
desire to have an active lifestyle
Company DescriptionWe design custom training programs based off of experience and scientific principles to coach endurance athletes. We also perform physiological testing to determine Lactate Threshold and VO2 Max for running and cycling to establish values for developing a training program. Our coaches utilize Power, Heart Rate, Cadence, GPS, and other device data to analyze athletes progress and modify training programs. Our RETUL 3D Dynamic Bike Fit is the best in the industry. We specialize in coaching cycling, running, and triathletes, but have several motocross, nascar, equestrian, mountaineer, and adventure athletes. Our motto is to "Empower the Athlete in Everybody to Perform at Their Best".Carmichael Training Systems
- May 24, 2013
- Entry level
- Job ID:
Carmichael Training Systems commits to hiring returning veterans.