Assistant to the Director of Athletic Media Relations & Assistant Coach
Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant to the Director of Athletic Media Relations & Assistant Coach, to begin August 1, 2017. This position is partially funded by the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority and Women’s Internship Grant. Minority candidates and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities: This is a full-time, 10-month position, reporting to the Director of Athletics, Director of Athletic Media Relations & Head Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide media and campus promotion groups with information (pictures, film clips, biographies, updated statistics, game schedules, etc.) on all assigned sports.
• Provide or oversee game day coverage for all assigned athletic teams (media preparations, announcing, official scoring, game rosters and programs, and reporting scores to media).
• Collaborate with the Athletic Events Coordinator to support pre-game and half-time programs for assigned sports.
• Assist with team-based special event promotions and fundraising.
• Assist Director of Eagle Club (booster group) with fundraising efforts; expanding membership; and improving the Eagle Club model.
• Coach during practices and games.
• Recruit players.
• Assist with management tasks such as budget planning, reconciling expenditures, and facilitating team travel arrangements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Experience with StatCrew statistical software, Adobe design suite and website content management system strongly preferred
• Coaching experience required in one of the following sports: Softball or Soccer
• Demonstrated leadership skills and effective communication and organizational skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications is required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s auto insurance carrier.
$26,160 annual salary, full-time, benefits eligible, 10-month position. The internship runs for two years (August 1, 2017-May 31, 2019). An additional $3000/year is provided for professional development opportunities. Candidate must be available for NCAA orientation July 27-28, 2017.
Bridgewater offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple areas of emphasis and concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The college is a
member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 22 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers and attach a cover letter and resume (in either Word or Adobe), and include the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references. The cover letter should address the qualifications contained in the profile above.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For Additional Information:
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
Sherry Talbott | Office of Career Services | Director of Career Services & Internships
phone: 540-828-5369 | fax: 540-828-5747 | online: bridgewater.edu