General Information: Internship and practicum positions for Spring 2012 and Summer 2012.
Shenandoah Mountain Touring, LLC is located in Harrisonburg Virginia. We promote special events, backcountry mountain bike races, and operate road and mountain bike tours.
Potential Duties include but are not limited to:
· General Event Planning and Implementation
· Sponsorship development and maintenance
· Design and develop marketing materials
· Maintain social networking sites
· Writing and distributing press releases
· Implement summer camp programming
· Maintain event registration databases
· Implement event logistics procedures
· Perform event/race/tour specific trail work
· Volunteer coordination
· Perform equipment maintenance
· Web site design and maintenance
· Candidates should possess strong organizational skills, communications skills and should be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
· Candidates must be able to work weekends. (Most of SMT’s events are on weekends)
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8hrs. Per day. (This qualification pertains to positions that involve trail maintenance and loading of event trailer)
· Computer skills – Proficient with Microsoft Office, Windows, and Google Docs
*Specific internship / practicum duties and responsibilities will depend on SMT’s current needs and potential candidate’s unique qualifications and goals.
*To apply, send resume to Shenandoah.email@example.com
Shenandoah Mountain Touring, LLC
222 Campbell Street
Harrisonburg VA, 22801
Contact: Chris Scott, Matt Smith