Averett University, a private Division III school in Danville, Va., is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Strength and Conditioning Coach. The Strength and Conditioning Coach is not full-time employee as the position is intended for graduate students employed in activities within the Athletic Department.
Athletics is part of the overall educational process and provides life skills lessons and
support of the academic process. Enrollment in one of Averett’s graduate programs is a requirement of
this position. All applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a
related health science field and possess a current CSCS certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, implements, conduct, and monitor strength and conditioning programs for multiple sport
- Coordinates student-athlete rehabilitation with sports medicine; assists with rehabilitation of
- Supports education for student-athletes about nutrition and supplementation
- Assists with coordinating, maintenance, and staffing of weight room/strength facilities; assists in
identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment; assists in scheduling
weight room training for the various athletic programs.
- Assists with administration of intern program, which includes planning, supervising, and
- Develop systematic training programs for both teams and individual athletes, often working in
close association with coaches
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a related health science field
- CPR Certified
A Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer is provided a stipend and will be provided room and board with
the expectation that they will participate in Athletics Department functions; support and engage
students and student-athletes in learning opportunities outside of the classroom and playing field
through the student life programs and assist the department in other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: High. Applicants must be able to meet the physical demands of being able to take
athletes through rehabilitation exercises and strength and conditioning drills.
Averett is a co-educational, four-year university founded in 1859. Enrolling more than 2,600 students in
total, with 1,165 on the 19-acre main campus, the university educates both traditional, non-traditional
and graduate students. A member of the USA South Conference, Averett has more than 300 studentathletes
that compete in 16 sports.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume,
including names and telephone numbers of three references to Thomas Underwood at
email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. Averett University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Serious applicants only.
Contact Thomas Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the position.