Fall 2016 Wellness Internship - (Santa Clara Valley, California)
Apple Wellness offers a hands-on internship for undergraduate and graduate students in the
field of exercise physiology, health and wellness and kinesiology. The internship offers
experience in both the Fitness Center and in the Preventive Care settings. Students gain
practical experience in lifestyle counseling, exercise prescription, and exercise leadership for a
large and diverse population. Interns will have the opportunity to assist with clinical testing
including resting and exercise EKG’s, maximal stress testing and VO2-max testing.
Students must have experience in or knowledge of:
• Weight training and the design of personal exercise programs
• Prepping and assisting with maximal graded exercise tests
• Performing a variety of fitness tests such as body composition
• General nutrition and dietary analysis
• Must have completed coursework in exercise physiology, health promotion, Kinesiology or a
similar curriculum, and be knowledgeable of ACSM guidelines.
• Good communication skills and high level of professionalism are essential; patient/client
interaction is a vital aspect of our program.
• Interns are expected to be highly motivated, organized, self-directed and open to feedback
to insure a beneficial internship experience
The duration is 15 - 20 weeks and compensation includes hourly salary, relocation, and housing
assistance. Fall internship opportunities are currently only available in Santa Clara Valley,
How to Apply
• Fall internship application deadline: May 20
• A cover letter is required with your application. Please combine your resume & cover letter
into one PDF document.
• Submit your cover letter and resume online at apple.com/jobs. Emailed applications will not
• Job Number (Santa Clara Valley, CA): 47878399