Valley Health Wellness & Fitness Center in Winchester, VA, is looking for two internship students for the SP15 semester. Jana has the full details of the internship curriculum and application. Please email to request these documents! Brief description below:
Position: Fitness Specialist Intern
Supervisors: Internship Coordinator & Fitness Manager
Purpose: To provide professional and unique fitness services to members and clients of the center in an effort to efficiently and appropriately meet their health and fitness needs.
Qualifications: Working towards a degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Sciences, Health Assessments and Promotions.
Responsibilities: 1. Provide fitness floor supervision (do not stand behind the desk):
a. Make several personal contacts with each member.
b. Provide appropriate direction to members performing
dangerous, harmful exercises or using improper form or
2. Perform fitness assessments for members and explain results.
3. Develop and implement exercise prescriptions (consultations).
4. Maintain a clean and safe exercise environment for members
and clients of the Center.
5. Schedule members for fitness assessments/consultations (have
an understanding of how Compete works).
6. Arrive to work at least 10 minutes before your shift begins
wearing proper uniform and badge.
7. Shadow other Medically Integrated environments.
8. Shadow all aspects of the Next Steps (MI) program.
9. Work within Valley Health and Power Wellness Mission/Vision