Practicum/Internship at Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community (VMRC) Wellness Center
The practicum/internship will be dedicated to working in the fitness center and/or pool area. Duties include:
1) Conduct fitness assessments/orientations, fitness tests, pool orientations
2) Provide general assistance to members with exercise routines
3) Provide one-on-one assistance to members as needed
4) Assist overall efficiency of operations within cardio fitness area
5) Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment
6) Exhibits responsible communication behavior consistent with the departmental and Wellness Center goals
7) Teach exercise classes in the supportive living area of VMRC
8) Teach two educational seminars during the semester to residents and members
If the intern is also a certified lifeguard, you may also spend a small portion of your time in the pool area to cover lunch breaks.
For more information contact Anna Manikus 574-3834 or Heather Yoder 574-3846.
This site accepts multiple fieldwork students during the fall, spring and summer.